Each month, we have a social event for our care recipients. These events began as a way for socially-isolated people to come together and share a homecooked lunch and some kind of entertainment.
Care recipients look forward to our events that are usually held on the third Thursday of each month at the First Congregational Church in Manchester Village. The church kindly lets us use their large multi-purpose room and their commercial kitchen. Our events coordinators, Martha and Kathy, come up with the menus and the entertainment each month and work hard to pull off afternoons of delicious food and something fun to do or listen to or watch. In the past year, we’ve had events including
- a custom-designed Jeopardy game played with Long Trail School students
- a visit to the Rogerland gardens in Arlington
- viewing of the MEMS spring musical
- a travelogue on Australia
- a visit from the Dorset Historical Society
- musical bingo
- senior trivia
- a special fall bus trip to see the foliage and have a lovely lunch at the Mount Anthony Country Club in Bennington
Monthly events are offered free of charge, just like all of our other services. If you’re in Manchester on the third Thursday of the month, stop by the church and have lunch with us!