Our care recipients have a lot to say about how N2N volunteers help them remain independent. Here are a few of their voices:
“There are pockets of us who are feeling so alone and without anyone, tucked all over the mountains of Vermont. Neighbor to Neighbor is going around un-tucking us one by one. Now I have someone….Now I have someone.”
- Our volunteer invited us for Thanksgiving dinner. What a lovely time we had.
- My volunteer and I go to knitting class together.
- I love the social events. I am alone in my apartment all day.
- My volunteer and I play Scrabble and visit the shut-ins at Equinox Terrace.
- My volunteer is wonderful. I will see that the proper number of points are registered in heaven!
- Until Neighbor to Neighbor came along, I never got to go out. I look forward to the social events, too.
- If I didn’t have Neighbor to Neighbor, I would simply be lost.
- I really look forward to my volunteer visits…It’s the highlight of my week.
- My volunteer did my grocery shopping and returned with daffodils. Isn’t that the most wonderful thing.
- I can’t begin to tell you what a difference Neighbor to Neighbor ha made in my life.
- Because of your volunteers, I didn’t have to spend Christmas alone.
- I was timid about attending the social events, but oh….I have the most wonderful time.
- A youth group came and cleaned out my basement after it flooded.
- I really think this is the end of my bad days.
Chatting at a social event